New Chicks! Need Help Identifying!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ArtsyChicken, Jun 5, 2016.

1. ArtsyChicken

ArtsyChicken Just Hatched

Jun 5, 2016
    Hey everyone! I just recently hatched 14 chicks (wee.gif) but I don't know any of their breeds! I have been doing some research but I thought maybe you guys could help too. Here are some pictures of a few of them (I think the 2nd one may be an Americauna or Aricauna):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Were the eggs purchased from a hatchery, breeder or backyard flock? What color(s) were the eggs? Your suspected Araucana/Ameraucana does not have the leg color to be a pure bred bird of either breed, but could be a mix - is it the feathering of the face that is leading you in that direction and, if so, can you get a better shot showing that?

3. ArtsyChicken

Jun 5, 2016
    We've been getting eggs from a breeder for awhile now but the ones he gives us aren't pure bred they are usually mixes.

4. ArtsyChicken

Jun 5, 2016
    Ok! Just talked to the breeder, #2 is a white Americauna-Wellsummer mix and #3 is a silver Wyandotte-Wellsummer mix! Still not sure about #1...

5. ArtsyChicken

Jun 5, 2016
    *Correction Wheaton, not Welsummer

The rooster (father of all the chicks) is a Wheaton. Hens are Americana (mix including white), Silver-laced Wyandotte and Cuckoo Maran (not any of the chicks in the pictures). The feather legged chick (#1) has a single comb with feathers coming in white, the second chick has rose comb and the third has a pea comb so I think its mom was a Wyandotte. I appreciate any other insights!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by