New chicks, New member :)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Bluemoon420, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Bluemoon420

Bluemoon420 The Rooster Queen

I'm not a stranger to the forums, but had not posted yet. Sry, for the red pics. I promise to get better pics later today [​IMG]

Here's half of our new chicks [​IMG] The rooster is aracana/EE, ( he looks like a baby eagle), 2 buff orp pullets, and 2 Isa's. We should be getting the rest later this week, which will be 3 RIR pullets, and 3 aracana/EE pullets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The one orp sleeping in the second pic is VERY curious little thing. She must know what everything is. I even watched her tuck one of the little Isa's under her wing when big hand came in [​IMG] I was alittle amazed by that.

So, again sry for the bad pics lol I'll get better ones later on today. I think I'm going to graduate these guys to a little bigger brooder. This one will be for the other chicks coming later this week, since they will be smaller.

Bluemoon

2. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    Very cute and welcome. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    [​IMG] from Thurmont MD here.

So glad you have joined us and so glad you have started down the road of chicken ownership. You will love them.

Where are you located?

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Cute chicks!
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

5. Bluemoon420

Quote:We are located in Livingston County, MI. (about 30/40 mins from Lansing)

We just bought an old farmhouse last spring that came with a rather large building that the previous owner raised pheasant or quail in, and a second building that looks like it was the old well house. We are going to tidy up the bigger building first for our chickens. (that's what brought us to these lovely forums. We were looking at pics of coops) We can easily fit about 40 birds in there. So our 11 birds should have plenty of space [​IMG]

I like to buy made in MI stuff, and we went to Destinys Farm for our chickens, and I've got orders in for my starter veggies too. I didn't get to grow anything last summer because we were in the middle of moving [​IMG]

6. Frizzledhen

Frizzledhen Spear Gunnin' Coons

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    Hey red pictures are better than no pictures! Chicks are addictive, be forwarned. Oh, and [​IMG]

7. Lil_Chickadee

Lil_Chickadee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2009
    WV
    [​IMG]

8. crzychicken

crzychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] Red or not they are soooo cute I can't wait for my new chicks.
    Jody from Mass

9. Bluemoon420

Thanks for all the warm welcomes [​IMG] We are still waiting for are other ones, but it's all good. I couldn't resist bringing home the ones their already [​IMG]

10. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Welcome from Iowa.
    [​IMG] (That's a chicken waving at you)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by