1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New chicks, new momma =)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Crazy For Color, May 4, 2016.

1. Crazy For Color

Crazy For Color Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2016
    Michigan
    Hello. I brought my 3 baby chicks home the other day. I purchased them from a very knowledgeable person that has been raising and selling chickens for 25 years. After discussing what was important to myself and my family, I decided on a Black Sex Link, a Buff Orpington, and an Isa Brown. I have been reading a lot of threads here and have already learned so much and for that I thank you [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC, and good luck with your chicks.

3. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and [​IMG] - glad that you have joined us. Your chicks look very happy in their brooder!

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre (even if you have lots of experience)
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center, and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

These links may help you for the moment.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/getting-started-raising-chickens
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-and-raising-chicks

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread

All the best
    CT

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock. The photo of your chicks roosting is just adorable. I can't help smiling every time I see or think about it. They are practicing being all grown up.

5. CarolynsChicks

CarolynsChicks Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2016
    HI!!! I am new here too. I get my chicks today!!
    I can't wait to get home from work. Only 7 hours to go!!! LOL
    You babies are SO CUTE!!

6. Crazy For Color

May 2, 2016
    Michigan
    Thank you! I wondered it I was introducing the perch to soon, but figured they'd use it when they were ready ;) They seem to really enjoy it!

7. Crazy For Color

May 2, 2016
    Michigan
    Thank you =)

8. Crazy For Color

May 2, 2016
    Michigan
    Thank you =) It's actually a rabbit cage. Origionally, I was going to take the grate out and have them down in the dropping pan in the pine shavings but when I picked them up, the guy had his brooders set up where they were on a wire floor so I did some research and decided to leave the wire floor in while offering them a way to get off the wire if that's what they choose to do =) I have read pros and cons of a wire floor vs having them in pine shaving though. I was comfortable with my decision until someone mentioned that they might get cold if I don't change my setup =( I have them in the house and under a red light. Do you think it's okay?

9. Crazy For Color

May 2, 2016
    Michigan
    I made a new feeder because they were wasting so much feed! I'm worried that they won't get enough because they have to take turns so I'm on my way to get supplies to make a second one....no they will not be spoiled! LOL! Loving my little babies already! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Crazy For Color

May 2, 2016
    Michigan
    Thank you! They are so much fun! Enjoy your new babies! :D

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by