1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New chicks, not sure what they are.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BleuRoo, Dec 27, 2008.

1. BleuRoo

BleuRoo New Egg

Jul 21, 2008
    Florida
    Hey all, I'm new here and new to the chicken game! I posted this in the chick section, someone suggested I try here. My mom and I just got six chicks today, but we're not sure what kind exactly. Some others have suggested the one on the right in the bottom pic is an easter egg. The one on the left bottom, we saw an adult one of that and they have unique, almost spikey feathers, can't remember what she called them. Here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks [​IMG]

2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Welcome to BYC Bleu. It's good to have you!

Your light brown chick with the chipmunk stripe is most likely your Easter Egger. The blacks with white spots on their heads, Barred Rocks. If the other 2 have 'spikey' feathers, I'm leaning towards Frizzled something or other. I've never owned any, I think they're hideous. LOL

Again, welcome and congrats on the new chicks! [​IMG]

3. BleuRoo

BleuRoo New Egg

Jul 21, 2008
    Florida
    Thanks, Sterling! Ah, yes, Frizzled, that sounds right. That one is my fave!!! Poor chick, I won't tell her what you said [​IMG]

Also, the lady thought they were around 1 1/2-2 weeks old, does that seem correct?

4. Smartie_Pants

Smartie_Pants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    Quote:That sounds right. Usually at about 2 weeks they have most of their wing feathers, so 1 1/2 to 2 sounds right.

5. BleuRoo

BleuRoo New Egg

Jul 21, 2008
    Florida
    Awesome, Smartie. Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by