1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

new chicks on the way, to many;due to shipping regulations

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chloeclair, Dec 31, 2008.

1. chloeclair

chloeclair New Egg

Dec 21, 2008
    I have just placed an order to be shipped in march; but had to order the 25 chick minnimum, any body in the chicago area intrested in some heavy breeds and maybe split the cost? i can only handle about 8 or so in my yard:)

2. lichick28

lichick28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
    THAT'S ALOT OF CHICKENS TO HOPEFULLY SPLIT WITH SOMEONE IN YOUR AREA. IS IT POSSIBLE TO CANCEL YOUR ORDER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AND MAKE AN ORDER WITH IDEAL POULTRY. THEY DONT REQUIRE AN ORDER OF 25 BUT MIGHT GIVE YOU A FEW WARMERS IF THE WEATHER IS COLD, WHY NOT ORDER LESS & HAVE YOUR ORDER SENT A LITTLE LATER IN SPRING?

3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    [​IMG] I wish I lived in your area but I don't. I just found a new home for a young RIR Roo. Have you tried posting on Craigslist.com or Simplead.com? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Hi, Chloeclair, what exactly did you, order all hens or straight run? what breeds thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by