New Chicks! pics inside

NellaBean

Graceland Farms
10 Years
Mar 4, 2009
Broodyland, TN
My Coop
My Coop
Tractor supply finally got some chicks and as my roommate conveniently moved out this morning at 7am, I had a free bedroom to hold another brooder
smile.png

So I went down and got 6 (the minimum, I actually only wanted 5) of the "pullets" (hoping that is true!). The girl thought sexlinks, white rocks and something else.

Someone else on here posted their TSC chicks who were identical who were supposedly australorps, white leghorns and EEs.

The australorp seems correct. White leghorn would be nice
smile.png
I already have two straight run EEswho are a few weeks old and not friendly at all, so EEs would not be the end of the world if these are pullets and tamer. The australorps are very active and bigger than the others. That works too!

I have an order for a single buff orpington, barred rock and light brahma from my feedstore for end of the month. I should have a nice assortment then!

I love the way they segregrate themselves by breed
newchicks1.jpg

newchicks2.jpg

newchicks3.jpg

newchicks4.jpg

Is this an EE? Most i see do not have the speckled heads like these?
newchicks5.jpg

Two peas in a pod!
newchicks6.jpg

They also had straight run bantams, straight run chicks, and roosters (RIR). And straight run Ducks! I had to seriously restrain myself on the ducks.

ducks.jpg

If there wasn't a six chick min, I would be tempted to go get 2 or 3 more! Willpower, where is it?

Maybe I can squeeze a bantam (or twelve) in......

I did! With the camera on my cell phone. It just looked like I was texting
big_smile.png

The australorps are very full of themselves...the EEs are small and are eating and drinking but seem more frail than the rest. The yellow ones are just big puffs. So cute!

I totally should have looked at the bantams. Now I don't want another 6, but would have like 2 bantams if they were fancy. Maybe I'll swing by tomorrow and see whats left
lol.png

is it seriously that tempting? i don't have any experience in that area because 1st, i don't yet have chickens, and 2nd, i don't have a feed store that ever gets chicks or ducklings or turkeys etc,

Tempting? They are just so darn cute. I don't really need any more chicks right now, but the ducklings are darn cute and if I order online I have to deal with the minimum order quantity.

And I definitely dont need more than 2 ducklings! They were a lot mellower and friendlier than the chicks. The bantams were teeny tiny but I did not get any as they were straight run.

Cute as can be though! And only $2.50 each for the pullets, I think. My receipt blew away in the parking lot, so I am not positive
hmm.png

chick'n'run :

is it seriously that tempting? i don't have any experience in that area because 1st, i don't yet have chickens, and 2nd, i don't have a feed store that ever gets chicks or ducklings or turkeys etc,

trust me, once you get started, and you walk past a bin of ducklings or chicks..you ALWAYS doubletake, and go "AWWWWWWWW I already have one of those...I think, but hey it's lonely being the only one of it's breed so I need 5 more!"​

These chicks crack me up! They are still segregating themselves by breed
lol.png
Not ALL the time, but often enough to make it hilarious....

chickpairs1.jpg

chickpairs2.jpg

chickpairs3.jpg

chickpairs4.jpg

I guess we can consider this progress?
tongue.png

chickpairs5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom