New Chicks (pics)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Fenn, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Fenn

Fenn Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2010
    My sister and I got a couple of chicks. The feed store said they were three days old, but they also kept repeating (Araucana). The EE I picked out was larger than the Barred Rock my sister got, and seemed to have more wing feathers. Don't know if that says anything about age. We have had them for three days now and no problems. I will try to take more pictures soon. The tail feathers are now starting to show and the wings go almost all the way to the tell, and the EE is trying to jump out.

Our brooder.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hoosierchickens

Hoosierchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2011
    Cloverdale, IN
    Pretty cute! You sure they don't need a dozen or so friends? [​IMG]

3. WyncoteChicken

WyncoteChicken Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2011
    Victorian Wyncote
    So adorable! Can't wait to get mine [​IMG]

4. goldeneggtees

goldeneggtees Fluffy Butt Nut

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    Cute chicks and awesome pics! [​IMG]

5. lauriruth

lauriruth Chillin' With My Peeps

Keep your eye on that EE - mine were jumping out of the brooder and running free in my house when i got home from work one day!! they're active little buggers![​IMG]

6. birdstheword

birdstheword Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2011
    My EE at 3weeks jumps/flys over the 13" high opening when the door is open.

7. Fenn

Fenn Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2010
    Thanks for the replies guys. They do want some more sisters, but unfortunately my parents house is only allowed 5 max. She still hasn't jumped out of the brooder yet. Although, I'm not so sure she is trying her hardest.

Ok so this is like a chicken RPG.

I got my chick as a Level 0 Weekling. She just leveled up today at about one week old. Her wing feathers are getting so large and I took her outside because it was sunny. Boom she leveled up. While outside she ate some dirt then quickly nabbed two ants. She chose her class. She is now Level 1 Hunter. She didn't run around very fast and she stayed nearby for most of the time outside. Then when I opened my hand to put her in the brooder she stayed perched on my hand for a good 30 seconds before running off. It was great.
    Also, she has not pooped on me once and I hold her every day. As soon as I put her down she looks like she wants to jump, pumps her wings, and poops. I am sooooo thankful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by