New Chicks (pics)

Fenn

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 19, 2010
My sister and I got a couple of chicks. The feed store said they were three days old, but they also kept repeating (Araucana). The EE I picked out was larger than the Barred Rock my sister got, and seemed to have more wing feathers. Don't know if that says anything about age. We have had them for three days now and no problems. I will try to take more pictures soon. The tail feathers are now starting to show and the wings go almost all the way to the tell, and the EE is trying to jump out.

Our brooder.
DSC_0732.jpg

DSC_0766-1.jpg

DSC_0769-1.jpg

DSC_0750-Copy.jpg

DSC_0742.jpg

DSC_0760-1.jpg

DSC_0726-1.jpg

DSC_0735.jpg

DSC_0730.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys. They do want some more sisters, but unfortunately my parents house is only allowed 5 max. She still hasn't jumped out of the brooder yet. Although, I'm not so sure she is trying her hardest.

Ok so this is like a chicken RPG.

I got my chick as a Level 0 Weekling. She just leveled up today at about one week old. Her wing feathers are getting so large and I took her outside because it was sunny. Boom she leveled up. While outside she ate some dirt then quickly nabbed two ants. She chose her class. She is now Level 1 Hunter. She didn't run around very fast and she stayed nearby for most of the time outside. Then when I opened my hand to put her in the brooder she stayed perched on my hand for a good 30 seconds before running off. It was great.
Also, she has not pooped on me once and I hold her every day. As soon as I put her down she looks like she wants to jump, pumps her wings, and poops. I am sooooo thankful.

Back
Top Bottom