New Chicks :) (pics)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ChickenLovr, Apr 27, 2008.

1. ChickenLovr

ChickenLovr New Egg

Mar 31, 2008
    Well.. we finally got some new chicks. Ones a Black Australorp, ones a Buff Orpinton, and the other one is a Rhode Island Red. They were said to be all girls, but I'm not sure about the red. It seems to be getting a little comb... but it seems to early... (sorry that the pics are so big [​IMG]

Pics:

Here's Little Red, not sure if you can see but there seems to be a little yellow comb.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is the rest altogether (we took them outside today so thats why you see the grass and everything, they were so funny! They would go crazy, running around and pecking at the ground.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, and I was wondering how old they are too, Thanks!

2. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Beautiful chicks! All chicks at that age have small combs. Even when they hatch they have little combs. You want see much of a difference in combs until around 3-6 weeks of age. But with leghorns and other production breeds the hens combs seem to grow pretty quick. So then you will have to wait and see if any saddle feathers come in or hear a crow.
    Good Luck!
    [​IMG]

3. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    The age is probably about 5 to 7 days old.

4. ChickenLovr

ChickenLovr New Egg

Mar 31, 2008
    Oh ok, thank you. I just got a bit worried there for a second... heh

5. horseemom

horseemom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2008
    Vancouver Island CANADA
    Okay, those are a cute trio! Congrats!

They remind me of Charlies Angels in the 3 different colours, blond, brunette and redhead!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by