new chicks pix added

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Katy, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

[​IMG] And yes I am shouting that!! With my miscounting of days it seems like I've been waiting forever for that first pip on this batch. These also were in the incubator that was running a little cool for a couple of days, so that may have slowed them down a little. They need to get a move on because I've got more eggs that are supposed to go into the hatcher on tuesday. Now the trips up and down from the basement will increase [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

And the real fun begins! Congrats. Keep us posted.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I will [​IMG]

4. skeeter

skeeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Parma Idaho
    cool:cool:

5. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    How exciting! Keep us posted. [​IMG]

6. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Go little chickies!!! Any more news, Katy?

7. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    Wonderful!!!! I did the same thing. I was thinking that today was day 21 and had nothing happening but when I went back and checked the calandar I realized that I mis counted and today is 20. [​IMG] I have 1 pip right now, I alsway have at least 1 pip on day 20 so I was getting real worried too. I hear you when you said that the trips will increase. I at least have a reason so I can put more wood in the woodburner..lol Good luck and I hope you have a wonderful hatch, Jenn

8. Pinenot

Pinenot Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2007
    [​IMG] Chicks!!!! What kind are they???

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Good luck to you too Jenn. This is day 20 also for mine.Our wood stove is in the living room, so I don't have that excuse!

Last time I checked the there was still only the 2 pipped, but a couple others were rocking.

They are mosty marans, marans crosses, a couple of welsummers and a couple of barnveldars. Some are from my hens and some are shipped. I have more welsummers and a couple of araucanas that are due to go in the hatcher tomorrow, so I hope these hurry up.

10. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Katy I know your excited. Today was day 21 for mine. I had several start pipping yesterday and this morning they starting hatching like popcorn. The last just finished hatching. Be patient.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by