New chicks today

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by franko, Apr 1, 2011.

1. franko

franko Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    Hunt, Tx
    Received my chicks this morning. From Cackelhatchery. They were in perfect shape. Didn't lose a one. [​IMG]

2. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    [​IMG] Congrats! Hope to get mine either Tues or Wed of next week!! I'm jealous!![​IMG]

3. franko

franko Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    Hunt, Tx
    Thanks. I waited two long weeks. I had sixteen Buff Orp and Delaware nine months old, that I gave away because I had to be out of town for four months last year. Never again. I should have many chicks out of the batch and will let momma hatch out new ones. I did get good service and chicks starting off again. Good luck with your chicks.

4. petunias212

petunias212 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    too cute!!!

i placed a small order of 3 chicks only from chickens for backyards. All pullets. 1 Jersey Giant, 1 White Leghorn and 1 Easter Egger.

Not due until May [​IMG]

First time ordering from them, I usually order from My Pet Chicken but wanted to try these guys out and see how they do - plus they're closer to us than My Pet Chicken.

Can't wait to get them!! I always love going to the post office to pick up my chicks because I'll be online and can hear them chirping and its funny to see people looking around, thinking they've lost their mind and are hearing things - not a common thing to hear chicks in a post office, especially since i live in the city part of Missouri.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by