New Chicks - Unknow Sex & Breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rileysgranny, Apr 16, 2009.

1. rileysgranny

rileysgranny Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2008
    Tennessee, USA
    I posted this on the Raising Baby Chics forum, but haven't gotten much response. Thought I'd post here too.

These chicks were purchased at my local TSC. The first six were sold as RIR. I'm sure that's what they are.
    [​IMG]

The others are banthams, but I don't know the breed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't know the sex on any of them. Probably WAY too early, but any help on breed and sex is greatly appreciated.

2. SunnyChic

SunnyChic Keep The Sunny Side Up

Mar 7, 2009
    I'm new to chicks, so sorry that I can't help you name the breed, but hopefully, some knowledgable BYCers will come by soon. Just wanted to tell you that you take great pics & they're super cute! [​IMG]

3. rileysgranny

Oct 17, 2008
    Tennessee, USA
    Thanks SunnyChic. All I did was spread a white towel out on the kitchen floor and enlist DH's help to keep them rounded up. It was really funny to watch them skamper around. But the funniest part was watching a 52 year old woman crawl around on the floor taking pictures of chickens running every which way! Part of the credit has to go to the Kodak Easy Share C613 camera that I used and the free photo editing software that I found online. I've really had a lot of luck with it.

4. SunnyChic

SunnyChic Keep The Sunny Side Up

Mar 7, 2009
    Quote:[​IMG] Yep, I can just picture you - what fun! [​IMG]

5. rileysgranny

Oct 17, 2008
    Tennessee, USA
    Updated pics of my babies. It's a group picture and hard to tell about them all. I've got to get them set up for their individual photo sessions!
    [​IMG]

Can anyone tell the sex of any of them?

6. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

the pic is too far away to sex, but it looks like your RIR's really are RIR's [​IMG]

7. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    i think you may have golden comets to but IDK

8. rileysgranny

Oct 17, 2008
    Tennessee, USA
    I thought it might be too far away. I'll work on that tomorrow and post again.

9. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    the one in the very front on the right looks kinda like a roo to me... it should be a lot easier to tell once you post new pics. [​IMG]

10. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    Quote:I was thinking that too. And in the earlier pictures, I am guessing the feather footed ones are cochins, but if you can take individual pictures then we could tell for sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by