New chicks! What breed? (PIC HEAVY!!!!)

Charleymitchell

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 13, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I went to the tractor supplies store just to buy some chick feed and a heating lamp for my turkeys, chicks, and geese coming in may.. Well They had chicks and ducks out in a bin and I couldn't help myself! I had to get just a few to hold me off till may lol Do you have any clue what they are?

This is the whole bunch who think my son, Elijah is their mommy lol

Here is the ducks named Wilbur and Molly [Not sure if they male or females but they do have names lol!]
What are they?
Me with them! They sure are sweet!

Here are the chicks! Idk what breed or sex they are!
Ying and yang
Misfit and Marshmallow

Toast and Cookie

Thanks!

sulb.jpg

Sultan Bantam
St Run

Sultan Bantams are unique and present a beautiful poultry display with their pure white plumage, slate blue legs and extra body parts. They are the only breed of bantam to have all of the extra body parts. They have crests, beards, muffs, feathers on legs and toes, vulture hocks and five toes on each foot.
Standard weights at maturity are male-36 oz, and hen-34 oz.

SultansCkB.jpg

The white/yellow one with the feathers on the feet and the bushy head... Could that be a white silkie? Possibly. Did you get it from the assorted bantam bin? Never mind.

Last edited:

partridgeCochins.gif

Partridge Cochin Bantam
St Run

Partridge Cochin Bantams are probably the most striking and beautiful of all the Bantam Cochin varieties. The male pattern of plumage is entirely different from that of the female. They require double mating for the production of outstanding males and females; therefore, greater numbers of breeders are required.
Standard weights at maturity are male-32 oz, and hen-28 oz.

PartridgeCochinsCkB.jpg

blackcochins.gif

Black Cochin Bantam
St Run

Black Cochin Bantams have solid lustrous greenish black plumage that is free of bronze or plum coloring and free from purple barring. The legs, feet, toes and body are covered with feathers that are long, soft and abundant. Cochin bantams are the most popular feather-leg breed.

blackcochins.gif

Black Cochin Bantam
St Run

Black Cochin Bantams have solid lustrous greenish black plumage that is free of bronze or plum coloring and free from purple barring. The legs, feet, toes and body are covered with feathers that are long, soft and abundant. Cochin bantams are the most popular feather-leg breed.

Thanks soooooooo much!!!!!!!

wpd.jpg

White Pekin Duck
St Run

White Pekin Ducks, which belong to the Heavy Weight Duck Class, are the most popular of all ducks. In the United States, White Pekins are raised more than all of the other breeds of ducks combined. They have become very popular because of a combination of traits: hardiness, good fertility, excellent hatchability, calm temperament, large size, superior growth rate, excellent feed conversion, yellow skin and white plumage.
Standard weights at maturity are males-9 lbs. and females-8 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom