New chicks-with pics!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickensista, Mar 20, 2008.

1. chickensista

chickensista Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    CT
    Hi eveyone! I'm so happy the new girls are here. The 2 SLW's are missing - feed store said the hatchery messed up... Should be here this afternoon or tomorrow. But the other girls would like to make their debut!
    Question on RIR's - how much color variation do they have? In the 2nd pic, the 2nd girl from the left is a RIR. She has a yellow stripe down her back. Is that normal? All the pics I see of RIR chicks are, well, more red.(like the 2nd girl from the right)
    Enjoy![​IMG]
    Terry
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    I can't answer your question, but those sure some cuties! They look really healthy, too. Congrats! [​IMG]

Susan

3. MS9325

MS9325 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Are you sure its not a golden sex link

4. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    What breed are the 2 brown striped ones??? I have 2 of them myself and have no idea what they are.
    Very cute babies!!!!

5. chickensista

chickensista Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    CT
    Are you sure its not a golden sex link

Nope! I ordered RIR's, but I did see a brooder with a red or golden sex links. Maybe they mixed them up? It was hard to see in the brooders.(these are from the feed store)

What breed are the 2 brown striped ones

Hi SuenRob,
    My little chipmunks are Ameraucanas, but I've heard Welsummers are striped as well. Where did you get yours from? The Welsummers are harder to come by, I think.

Can't wait to get the SLW's!

Terry​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by