New Chicks

96chevy

In the Brooder
May 29, 2016
Pennsylvania
Hello! We have been wanting to get more pullets and they happened to be on sale today as they're getting fairly large. I got 3 australorps but they have white in their wings. Any idea what they could be crossed with or if the white will stay?

I have four that look similar but I'm not sure what they are.

I have two with white wing feathers coming in. I assume leghorns?

And then I have my most puzzling ones of all. These are so stinking pretty but I'm clueless as to what they could be! Any ideas? Ps they have plenty of room to get away from the light so I think she was just stretching out her wing.

And on a duck moment... any idea what these are? They were given to us. They look like a mallard cross.

For the first chick, australorps have white on their wings as chicks and younger birds but overtime the feathers will become black. The one in the second pic looks like a EE, the next one is probably a leghorn, I don't know about the last one...

The first chicks look like Aussies. The white will molt out.
the second pic, too many breeds look like that. Something partridge/wild type/black breasted red.
If it's white, likely a Leghorn or white Rock, or a Leghorn hybrid.
Last pics look like a production red.

The first chicks look like Aussies. The white will molt out.
the second pic, too many breeds look like that. Something partridge/wild type/black breasted red.
If it's white, likely a Leghorn or white Rock, or a Leghorn hybrid.
Last pics look like a production red.
x3

My chicks have grown so much since I got them! And I'm so confused on what a few of them are! I have two white chicks but they're getting brown in them. They confuse me the most since they started out pure white!!!

Then I have one who started out normal size but she's getting huge compared to the other chicks!!! We call her big red.

Then we have two that are similar looking.

Any ideas now that they're getting bigger???

Back
Top Bottom