New Chicks

MissChessy

Songster
12 Years
Sep 24, 2007
Texas
big_smile.png
I got my 15 new baby chicks yesterday. They are the calmest bunch of chicks I've ever seen. Last May I acquired 15 baby chicks and that bunch was wild and pecked on each other badly until I put some metholatum on the top of their beaks, because it was bleeding. My first flock were the red, gold and black sex links, and the Americuanas. This flock I have now are the Plymouth Rock, Black Production and Danish Brown Leghorns. They are sooo cute and calm. Wow. Wonder if the breed has a lot to do with their demeanor?
jumpy.gif

MissChessy, I have 15 chicks coming on Tuesday. I hatched 1 out of 14 the 6th. I will be waiting to hear from you and find out how things are going. I need to find out as much as possible. 10 buff orps and 5 black australorps. Keep us posted. Always fun looking a chicken pictures, if possible. John

Man, I wish I knew how to post pictures. I'm computer illiterate!! I got my chicks from Ideal Poultry in Cameron, Texas thru our local hardware store here where I live.

I'll see if I can get my son to help me figure out how to post pictures on here. Sorry guys.

MissChessy, There is a tread on how to post pictures on this site from Photo Bucket. Very easy site to down load and gives you your album. Someone in BYC will sure point you in the right direction. It is so easy even a guy like me figured it out and at first I couldn't figure how to turn my computer on. This site is just like a family with folks always wanting to help. This will bump your tread to the top and hopefully someone will respond. John

Back
Top Bottom