New Chicks!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Chickenhatcher89, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Chickenhatcher89

Chickenhatcher89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Lawrenceburg, TN
    I am new here. Just got my very first chicks:D! Got the last six at Tractor Supply, I hope to get some more soon. They said they might be leghorns and will be white. What do you guys think?
    Rebecca
    [​IMG]

2. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Welcome to BYC

Hope you are happy with your newbies!

bigzio

3. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    I think they are just adorable. Congrats and welcome.

Wanting to be helpful, I want to say you should be careful using newspaper for the little fellas. It can be slick and cause the babies to slip and have spraddle legs. I think most everyone here, myself included, use pine shavings. They absorb the poo and makes it smell nicer too. [​IMG]

Wanted to add...love the one mugging for the camera. She/he doesn't seem to mind the papparazi! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  4. beefy

beefy Flamingo Daddy-o

Apr 21, 2007
    South Georgia
    probably white leghorns or buff orpingtons. thats what my TSC had too plus some RIRs and a couple of bantams.

5. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Awwwwww......so adorable!!! REALLY making me ready for more babies!!! They look just like my two White Leghorns as babies, but I know FAR less than most here, as a chicken newbie myself. [​IMG] My two Leghorns are absolute sweethearts. [​IMG] Enjoy the little darlings.

6. stilwellchick

stilwellchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2007
    Stilwell, KS
    Welcome! You can get a lot of helpful information here. Read the section on raising chicks. There are so many nice people on this site that will always be willing to help. Good luck with your little peeps.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by