New chicks!

Chela Grey

Chirping
10 Years
Jun 13, 2010
Hi all,
We were greeted with 2 new chicks this AM, one golden in color and one black with gold tips on the wings and a little gold butt! Mom is still hatching more (she was sitting on seven eggs). She's a pure black hen (I don't know her breed) and the rooster is a Road Island Red (he's a mean sucker, but we love him anyway) :)

This afternoon we're picking up a peacock from the Seattle Animal Rescue. He wandered into someone's yard in the city and they've been trying to find him a good home. Since everything we have is rescue, we said we'd take him. We have 17 acres, 7 of which is fenced, so he'll have plenty of roaming room and lots of trees to perch in if he likes. Now we're building a shelter and coop for him next to the chickens for when they all need to be inside.

If anyone has information about Peacocks that we should know, please write.

Chela Grey
StillPointe Sanctuary.org
www.stillpointesanctuary.org
[email protected]

Welcome from Alaska... You are a special person/persons to rescue animals. It would be so cool to have a peacock. I think they are a beautiful live yard decoration. I can just stare and admire their beauty all day long.
welcome-byc.gif

Welcome! Kudos to you for rescuing that peacock. We're just getting started with peachicks this year, so don't have any great advice. But BYC does have a peafowl section where you can post any questions you may have. I'm sure lots of folks would be willing to help.

Back
Top Bottom