New chicks!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chela Grey, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Chela Grey

Chela Grey New Egg

Jun 13, 2010
    Hi all,
    We were greeted with 2 new chicks this AM, one golden in color and one black with gold tips on the wings and a little gold butt! Mom is still hatching more (she was sitting on seven eggs). She's a pure black hen (I don't know her breed) and the rooster is a Road Island Red (he's a mean sucker, but we love him anyway) :)

This afternoon we're picking up a peacock from the Seattle Animal Rescue. He wandered into someone's yard in the city and they've been trying to find him a good home. Since everything we have is rescue, we said we'd take him. We have 17 acres, 7 of which is fenced, so he'll have plenty of roaming room and lots of trees to perch in if he likes. Now we're building a shelter and coop for him next to the chickens for when they all need to be inside.

If anyone has information about Peacocks that we should know, please write.

Chela Grey
    StillPointe Sanctuary.org
    www.stillpointesanctuary.org
    [email protected]

2. alaskachick

alaskachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Welcome from Alaska... You are a special person/persons to rescue animals. It would be so cool to have a peacock. I think they are a beautiful live yard decoration. I can just stare and admire their beauty all day long. [​IMG]

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hi Chela! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us! [​IMG] Thank you for rescuing the needy ones. [​IMG]

4. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    [​IMG] from Indiana

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Welcome! Kudos to you for rescuing that peacock. We're just getting started with peachicks this year, so don't have any great advice. But BYC does have a peafowl section where you can post any questions you may have. I'm sure lots of folks would be willing to help.

6. Frecklely

Frecklely Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2010
    Missouri
    [​IMG] From Missouri

7. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    [​IMG] from Oklahoma! [​IMG]

8. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa