New Chicks!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Eddy Chicken, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Eddy Chicken

Eddy Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2011
    Southern New Jersey
    Got a call at 7:30am from the post office. I could here the peeping over the phone! We got: pullets- 3 White Leghorns, 3 Buff Brahma's, 3 Dark Brahma's, 2 Light Brahma's, 2 RIR, 2 Buff Orpington's and 1 Dark Brahma Rooster..at least that's what we ordered...we'll see lol. Everyone arrived safe and spunky. They began eating and drinking immediately!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    [​IMG] Glad they all arrived safe and sound!! Were did you get them from...MPC?

Happy-Hens

3. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Congrats! Doesn't it feel like Christmas? Or the best birthday ever? [​IMG] I need to hatch more for baby cuteness and peeping!

4. Eddy Chicken

Oct 23, 2011
    Southern New Jersey
    These came from Ideal Poultry.

5. dawson27

dawson27 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2011
    They look so darn cute!! Congrats on the new chicks!!

6. kimf

kimf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2011
    Seminole County, FL
    you are patient!! I tore into the box and got them in the brooder then thought----"oh, I should take some pics!"
    They are adorable! Congrats and have fun

7. Eddy Chicken

Oct 23, 2011
    Southern New Jersey
    I could tell the girl at the post office was in love with them. I'm suprised the box wasn't opened when I picked it up lol

8. Eddy Chicken

Oct 23, 2011
    Southern New Jersey
    The chicks look dead when they decide to sleep; and when they decide to sleep they just plop down, head on the bedding, and are out cold. Then 2 minutes later, they spring to life and bolt around the brooder all bright eyed and bushy tailed lol.

9. bikerchic

bikerchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2011
    Virginia
    Isn't it so funny when they decide to sleep. Midrun and fall over. Sleep a few, then up and running again!

10. BasicallyHeather

BasicallyHeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    Lowellville, Ohio
    Oh my gosh, I just love little chick behaviors. You described them perfectly! And I am laughing about the girl at the post office...my two post office ladies were the same way! They were all gaga over the fact that I had ordered the chicks and that no one had ordered chicks in "forever." [​IMG] I may not be able to vouch for the handling on the way to the PO, but I can be assured that once they arrive, they are treated like precious cargo!

Have fun and good luck with your fuzzy butts [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by