new chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by fun monitor, Jun 24, 2008.

1. fun monitor

fun monitor Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    southern california
    I'm curious about their identity for fun more than anything, but also to sort of test myself. The listing said they'd be a mix of "Sebright, Black Rosecomb, Cochin Bantams, Japanese Bantams, Polish, Silkies, and various colored Araucana's" but I'll take Araucanas to mean Ameraucanas.

Thanks, and have fun! My guesses are underneath the picture.
    [​IMG]

Top left to bottom right: Ameraucana, Ameraucana, black something or other, possibly Sebright something, this one is pretty obvious [​IMG], not a clue.

2. RobinEgg

RobinEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    not really any guesses but they're cuties, oh i'd say one is a naked neck.

3. KierBri

KierBri Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    ne conneticut
    far right bottom is your sebright,
    cochins should already have feather legs, auracauna, ameraucauna, and EE (the latter is more likely from a hatchery) should all have slate or greenish(the EEs) legs, any have chubby cheeks? and that little red one is to die for cute!!

4. fun monitor

Mar 30, 2008
    southern california
    The black one on the top far right and the naked neck - who I found out is really a showgirl? naked neck and silkie mix? have feathered legs. The first two have slate green legs.
    How do you know the one is a sebright?

5. Nupine

Nupine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Hi fun monitor!! 5th one is showgirl. I am leaning towards black rosecomb for the 3rd one. 1st, 4th, and 6th look EE. 2nd is a cutie!! Maybe sebright, No cochins, silkies, or polish in there for sure. Actually a showgirl is a specialized turken/silkie that has been bred over time to look all silkie with just a naked neck. I have a black turken/silkie who hasn't been bred over time, and she does not have silkie feathers. Hope this helps.

Ashlyn

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  6. KierBri

Apr 4, 2008
    ne conneticut
    that yellowish "eyepatch" gives away the seabright! top 3rd cochin maybe. top 2nd EE. don't know anything about a black rosecomb....

7. KierBri

Apr 4, 2008
    ne conneticut
    top 3rd black rosecomb. off to find the liitle red....

8. fun monitor

Mar 30, 2008
    southern california
    Thanks for the info! I agree that the third is a black rosecomb. I'm interested to see what you think the red one is. I think it's an Ameraucana mix with something red, obviously [​IMG]

The Sebright and Showgirl are my favorites. The Sebright is so tiny that it reminds me of one of those fake yellow feathery easter chicks [​IMG] Oh, they're all bantams.

9. KierBri

Apr 4, 2008
    ne conneticut
    lil' red is a lil' red, RIR bantam style.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by