1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by wayne hulgan, Mar 3, 2013.

1. wayne hulgan

wayne hulgan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    Went to the TSC today to get some tractor pins and low and behold, they have chicks. They also had 2 kinds of ducks. the only chicks they had were TT's and Cornish Rocks. We will have to wait a few weeks, we need some White Leghorns. We got rid of one chick, she got crazy. we gave her to the neighbor, and he loves her. He has a rooster that might have solved her crazy. can't wait til we get some new little ones. they are very intertaning. happy chicky day

2. joeyfender

joeyfender Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2013
    Texas
    I went to TSC today also to get equipment for a brooder and they were out of all their chicks and ducks. They were selling RIRs I believe. I do not know about the ducks however.

3. Eanwulfx

Eanwulfx Out Of The Brooder

Oct 29, 2012
    Im going to chick days tomorrow with my boyfriend and his kids fingers crossed that I can get in right after the monday shipment of chicks... And we dont try to leave with the whole shipment I remember last time. Went for 1 new chick left with 5... Chick days get me way to excited! Happy chick days to all!

Hope you get your white Leghorns! Post pictures when you do!

4. 3riverschick

3riverschick Poultry Lit Chaser

May 19, 2009
    western PA
    My Coop
    ----------
    A good idea for dealing with chicks which have been shipped:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/746509/how-to-deal-with-travel-stress-in-baby-chicks
    Tractor Supply sells this. Available online at many places including JeffersSupply.
    Best,
    Karen in western PA, USA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by