New Chicks!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MommaMitchell, Mar 20, 2013.

1. MommaMitchell

MommaMitchell Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2013
    East TN
    So, today is my birthday! Husband and I have been waiting for weeks for our local co-op to get in today's shipment of chicks. They were supose to get in Gold Laced Wyadottes but instead got in SLW. I was even more excited because I love the looks of the SLW. We called and they confirmed they had them so I got the litle boys ready and off we went to the Co-op. I finally got my chicks!!! 6 today. And I still have 3 mystery eggs incubating and due to hatch round the 2nd. I just had to share some pics.

[​IMG]

My 2 year old LOVES them!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Kay1993

Kay1993 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2013
    Hawaii
    Happy birthday [​IMG]!! Aw such cuties, they're gonna be so gorgeous. Have a great birthday with your chickies!

3. geoffric

geoffric Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2013
    What beautiful pics! I can't wait to get 3 eggs for my very small incubator so I can get a few cuties too! The main reason I am joining was to find eggs in such small batches a s most places won't deal with that small a number.

That 3rd picture in particular is very nice.

4. MommaMitchell

Mar 6, 2013
    East TN

Do you have a chick-bator?! I have a mini incuabtor too, it holds 3 eggs. Luckily my husband's uncle raises chickens for their eggs and was kind enough to give me 3.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  5. SequoyahFarms

SequoyahFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2013
    Knoxville Tn
    Congrats on the chicks and happy birthday! I have chicks in my brooder from 3 different places and I must say the ones from co-op have always been my strongest. I think it's partially because they let pick my own chicks and didn't just grab the easiest ones they could get their hand on (which I'm assuming would be the weaker ones) plus no minimum! Where in east tn are you?

6. MommaMitchell

Mar 6, 2013
    East TN
    Thanks! I did not pick mine, never thought of that. But the guy was great and picked ones that were eating and loud. These are our first and they are doing good so far. I am in Grainger county but could throw a rock into Knox county, lol.

7. CruchyJeepMama

CruchyJeepMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2013
    Eastern North Carolina
    So cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by