New chicks

KWeist

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 27, 2014
New Madison, oh
Had chickens when I was a kid and now I'm am adult with my own child. I've just bought 8 rir chicks to give her the same childhood memories I have. And to also have eggs to eat! Wish us the best of luck and any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated.

images

Welcome to BYC!

And congrats on your new chicks! If you need any tips and hints on raising your new babies, stop by our learning center here on BYC for lots of great articles on all the aspects of keeping poultry...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. Enjoy this new adventure you are on and welcome to our flock!

Hello, We are new to the whole raising chickens. But I love my babies. We just started with 6 Isa Browns. I think they are about 7 weeks old. I know I will be having a lot of questions so any help would be greatly appreciated :). They are so friendly and they let me pet them and come running when I come in by their pen.

I've got 6 RIR total. 2 of then are very dark & the others are much lighter with Eben some white around their necks an tail feathers. Why so much different in the same breed of chickens?

Back
Top Bottom