new chicks

Double Kindness

Songster
5 Years
Jul 25, 2014
CO
Tomorrow we're going to pick up more new chicks my friend hatched over the last week of the same mommie ayam cemani hens. 2 of the new chicks are pure ayam cemani, the others, it's suspected that the paint orpington roosters are the chicks papas.

I need to get chicken identifying legbands, to keep everyone identified, as svart honas chicks are expected in about 2 weeks, followed by a dozen white bresse.

The ayam cemani and svart honas are very similar in appearance, so I need to be able to tell them apart as they grow up, I want to breed them pure, as well as cross breed them. My friend has a flock of ayam cemani, and is also getting svart honas from DCchicken on byc. This might turn into an exciting fm chickens project.

I'm so proud of myself for not getting more new chicks today! It was very difficult not to though!!! Perhaps in a week or two when hopefully the white bresse hatch and ship well.

It seems like the mottled orpington got to the ayam cemani again yesterday whoops!! And just when it seems like my friend was getting pure cemani finally!

The 6 chicks I have are doing so well. In 2 weeks 12 white bresse, then maybe more haffies and cemani too. Agh!! #chickenmath

Back
Top Bottom