1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Chinese Geese

Discussion in 'Geese' started by AMFM2007, Nov 18, 2015.

1. AMFM2007

AMFM2007 New Egg

Nov 18, 2015
    Orlando,Fl
    My neighbor got his pair last year, they had babies which are probably about 10 months old now. I guess the 4 of them were fighting so he asked if I wanted the babies. So he caught them and put them over the fence, now however, they are all glued to the chain link fence. It's only been about 3 days, but I want them to explore the yard, and they won't leave the fence line. My neighbor now wants to get rid of his two, but if I take them I feel like they're going to fight again? Any advice on if this will change?[​IMG]

2. Free Spirit

Free Spirit The Chiarian

Oct 21, 2015
    NWA
    Since they have been pretty well acquainted through the fence, perhaps you can bring the other two over and watch them for a while to see how they behave before making a permanent decision.

3. AMFM2007

AMFM2007 New Egg

Nov 18, 2015
    Orlando,Fl
    Thank you. I did find a home for the older two with a good friend. Hopefully all will be well after they are separated.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by