New Christmas Item!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Southern28Chick, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I came up with this idea for a customer that wanted small gifts for her coworkers. It's 3 half bars in a little set wraped in corrugated cardboard with a Christmas ribbon. It'll also have a little card that says which soap is which by the color. They'll be $8.00 each.

What do y'all think?
    [​IMG]

2. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    I like it. [​IMG] If I worked with any females, I would so order those for my coworkers!!! Another idea would be to add a tag on it so the person could write who it was to and from. Or maybe have a tag printed that said "Handmade soap made by Southern-Essence. From __________. To_________."

Another idea... a discount if we recommend friends to you? (i.e. free 1/2 bar with next purchase) Just an idea. Once you get your Cinnamon Bun back, I'm going to suggest it to all my friends!!! [​IMG]

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    The packaging and idea are great! I'm sure it will sell. Sometimes you don't know for sure what scent a friend will like, so a variety set is fool-proof. And everybody likes "little" soaps.

4. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:I bought this cool hole punch thing but instead of punching holes it punches cute tags out of the paper. It's going to have on it
    "Handmade soap made by Southern-Essence. From __________. To_________."

or something like that.

I'm going to do a referal thing where if someone says so and so refered me to your website and they purchase something then I'll send the person who refered them to me a gift certificate, like $5.00 or something.​

5. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Looks very pretty...and very natural!
    Are the soaps wrapped individually? It's hard to tell from the pic. If not, will the scent wear out?

6. JenniferJoIN

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    You're gonna owe me BIG BUCKS! [​IMG]

And sounds like you were one step ahead of me on everything else!

7. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:I might have to limit you. [​IMG] I do appreciate referals, that's where most of my business comes from.

Looks very pretty...and very natural!
    Are the soaps wrapped individually? It's hard to tell from the pic. If not, will the scent wear out?

They are not wrapped individually but the scent stays for quite a while. In fact I have a bar from the first batch I ever made sitting on top of my desk. It's a Oatmeal Almond bar and it's going on 3 years old. It still smells like I just made it.​

8. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Here's the tag/label punch thingy that I just got:
    [​IMG]

9. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    Very nice!! You might want to make 2 bar sets too. This way for the people that are in a gift swap for work or similar thing the can order a few and still not spend to much. I know of a few swaps where you spend about 5 per person and that would be great. Also for any parents out there who send little presents for their kids teacher or bus driver. Wouldnt you know this year my daughter has a male bus driver. This way they can order a few things for them selves and still get for others. I truely dont have a clue how you make your soaps but it might be neat to use a small tree or bell or snowman shaped form to make shapped bars? You could get little tins and put different shaped soaps for a gift idea.. Just so they dont try to eat it. lol Jenn

10. JenniferJoIN

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Those tags are perfect!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by