new cochin chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by NoelTate, May 25, 2008.

1. NoelTate

NoelTate Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    Picked up baby cochin bantams Wednesday, so they are now 5 days old and just as cute as can be. Had to share some pics...I guess it's like a new mom carrying around pics of her baby like the rest of the world wants to see them! lol I hope I get lucky and get a good majority of pullets! I'm a bit concerned about one...its beak seems to be just a little bit crossed, but maybe it won't be bad enough to pose a problem.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Super cute babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats [​IMG]

3. Frizzledhen

Frizzledhen Spear Gunnin' Coons

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    Congrats on the new babies Noel. They sure are cute and you will love them. They are so much fun and easy to handle. They are really soft, like petting a kitten.

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Beautiful babies! Congrats! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

do u know what the ones in the photo be fore last are?? i have some that look similar . [​IMG]

6. NoelTate

NoelTate Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    No idea what those two will look like. I got them because I knew they did not look like they would turn out solid black, but they also do not look like the splashes I have had before. Their black areas are not dark enough. They have white/silver flecks all through the black. I am hoping they will be blue splashes, but I don't think I'll get that lucky. I'll post pics again in a week or two when they show more color! Maybe someone else will recognize them and tell us [​IMG]

7. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

i was thinking berchin mabye?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by