new cockerel gets pecked by hens

chickenpets786

In the Brooder
Nov 7, 2015
HELLO
so i only have two hens, one black rock,and one rhode red whos going through a molt.Got a indian aseel cockerel 3 days ago so not a rooster yet and (mainly form pakistan/india and dad has had them his whole life).he had one eye closed which he attempts to open sometimes have tried to help by sprinkling water on it plz help on how to fix a chicken eye!!!!!!!!.i thought cockerels were not nice and just didn't like them but this one who is 1 month i think is amazing and already my favourite.
my chickens hate him they are around 5-7 months or over and are stronger, they stop him eating and peck him sooooooooo bad and feel soo sorry.he helplessly stares at me.i decided to put him on a tray on top of the box the chickens sleep in so they get used to but not working.
indian aseel known for fighting to death with other roosters but mine is a pet, my dad says when he grows uo he will be on the top of the pecking order and look after them and be strong apparently.

plzzzzzz help on how to make them friends and fix his eye.
thanksssssssssssssssssss

It can be rather normal for a younger chicken, even a cockerel to be bullied by the older hens. I would probably pen him up near the hens, so that they will get used to him and accept him as part of the flock. He will have to grow and get close to the others in size for them to accept him.

Back
Top Bottom