New colored guinea keets have arrived!

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by Pathfinders, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Pathfinders

Pathfinders Overrun With Chickens

Jan 25, 2008
    Northern KY
    Well, my one lone Coral Blue keet will no longer be so lonely, the box of colored keets I ordered from McMurray (with my forgotten credit) arrived this morning and they are all settling in well. The loner is only a week older, and seems to be adjusting to all the babies very well (I was a little worried about pecking, but he/she seems glad to have buddies!)

Pictures to follow...

2. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Oh yes! Definitely need pics! [​IMG]

Shelly

3. Pathfinders

Jan 25, 2008
    Northern KY
    Ok, here ya go. First pic is the one week older keet wondering where all the new babbies came from!:

[​IMG]

I think the rust colored one might be a Violet!

[​IMG]

And two more in which you can see what I think are Royal Purple, Buff Dundotte, and either Lavender or more Coral Blues:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think there are some Opaline too, but can't be sure. Will be fun to watch them feather out and see what I've got!

4. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Oh wow! So many colors! I couldn't even begin to figure out what's what! LOL! That would be super cool if that one ended up a violet! Might be some opaline in there. I'd love some porcelains. You definitely got a great variety.

Thanks for the eye candy!

Shelly

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Wow! I didn't realize McMurray had such nice colored keets! I might have to get some in the spring!

Congrats on the new babies!! I think the buff dundotte is either brown or chocolate, my dundottes don't usually have stripes on their heads that are very visible.

guinea fowl international color chart has a lot of good pictures of the different colors [​IMG]

6. Pathfinders

Jan 25, 2008
    Northern KY
    That's a great chart, thanks! I may take more pictures tomorrow or Sat, after they've really settled in and when I have a teen home to hold them for me while I shoot.

I was very pleased to get these from McM, especially this time of year. I had completely forgotten I had a credit with them too, so it made them seem inexpensive (as normally they very much aren't!)

[​IMG]

7. SimplyForties

SimplyForties Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Carroll County, Va
    What a great bunch! I'll bet your "old" baby is wondering what happened!

8. Pathfinders

Jan 25, 2008
    Northern KY
    Quote:It does look rather stunned at times, but seems to be glad not to be so alone (the stuffed animal I had put in there would keep falling over!)

[​IMG]

9. blackred

blackred Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    Here is a link to Ralph Winters site that has a color chart with pictures of Guinea keets.
    http://www.guineafarm.com/descriptions.html

If they free range I personally don't care for the white ones. They stick out like a sore thumb at night when roosting in trees and the owls clean them out first.

Bob

10. featheredfriendlover

featheredfriendlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2009
    WOW!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

those are some of the cutest keets ive ever seen.

you DEFINENTLY need to update us every week on those little guys.

there beautiful....

i love them all.

i love the expression on the older keets face. its like hes saying holy cow!!! where did all u little ankle biters come from.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by