New colored guinea keets have arrived!

Pathfinders

Crowing
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
Northern KY
Well, my one lone Coral Blue keet will no longer be so lonely, the box of colored keets I ordered from McMurray (with my forgotten credit) arrived this morning and they are all settling in well. The loner is only a week older, and seems to be adjusting to all the babies very well (I was a little worried about pecking, but he/she seems glad to have buddies!)

Pictures to follow...

Oh yes! Definitely need pics!
caf.gif

Shelly

Ok, here ya go. First pic is the one week older keet wondering where all the new babbies came from!:

Babbiesandbigger.jpg

I think the rust colored one might be a Violet!

Babbies3.jpg

And two more in which you can see what I think are Royal Purple, Buff Dundotte, and either Lavender or more Coral Blues:

Babbies2.jpg

Babbies1.jpg

I think there are some Opaline too, but can't be sure. Will be fun to watch them feather out and see what I've got!

Oh wow! So many colors! I couldn't even begin to figure out what's what! LOL! That would be super cool if that one ended up a violet! Might be some opaline in there. I'd love some porcelains. You definitely got a great variety.

Thanks for the eye candy!

Shelly

Wow! I didn't realize McMurray had such nice colored keets! I might have to get some in the spring!

Congrats on the new babies!! I think the buff dundotte is either brown or chocolate, my dundottes don't usually have stripes on their heads that are very visible.

guinea fowl international color chart has a lot of good pictures of the different colors
smile.png

That's a great chart, thanks! I may take more pictures tomorrow or Sat, after they've really settled in and when I have a teen home to hold them for me while I shoot.

I was very pleased to get these from McM, especially this time of year. I had completely forgotten I had a credit with them too, so it made them seem inexpensive (as normally they very much aren't!)

wink.png

Quote:
It does look rather stunned at times, but seems to be glad not to be so alone (the stuffed animal I had put in there would keep falling over!)

lol.png

WOW!!!!!!!!!
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif

those are some of the cutest keets ive ever seen.

you DEFINENTLY need to update us every week on those little guys.

there beautiful....

i love them all.

i love the expression on the older keets face. its like hes saying holy cow!!! where did all u little ankle biters come from.

Back
Top Bottom