New Commercial on TV!!! ARGH!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tiki244, Apr 14, 2009.

1. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I saw a new? commercial on TV about the pandemic avian flu on TV the other night. It has a websight to go to for people to see how to get prepared. WHAT? [​IMG] Well the way it is worded and shown it seems to be trying to stir up panic in people. I have seen it about 10 times in the last 3 days. What is up with that? Anyone else see this? What do you think?

I went to the website and there is nothing seriousely happening with the avian flu, but the commercial seems to me to be trying to stir up a hornet's nest. Is that just me or does anyone else feel that way?

The websight is pandemicflu.gov and doesnt seem to have anything flaming on there. But I consider the commercial to be trying to flame people.

2. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Weird. Has there been any outbreaks of the avian flu?

3. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

I think so far there has not been any reported cases yet but I could be wrong.

4. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    there was one in KY recently. But not the type that can spread to humans. Although it might be a case of it being easily mutated?

5. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

Just went to the site and it looks like there preping for the end of the world [​IMG]

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    ooh great! here it comes! *running off to hide my chickens* [​IMG]

7. hennypenny9

hennypenny9 Chillin' With My Peeps

This is why we should be more closely monitoring things that come from outside the US. I don't think there have been any cases inside our boarders. IMHO we are doing just fine here, it's other countries (China, etc) that we need to be worried about. Like the new Food Health Bill that keeps getting posted. WE are doing just fine, go spend your time inspecting things that are imported.

8. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Quote:No wonder, a few people say the world will end in 2012. I say it's just a bunch of coincedences.

9. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Quote:No wonder, a few people say the world will end in 2012. I say it's just a bunch of coincedences.

cool. So I will only have to make two years worth of car payments on my new ride SWEET! [​IMG]

10. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Quote:Not the kind that people catch. That is why I am wondering about the add. HMMM [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by