New coop color scheme?

bird/wire

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 30, 2011
So we got a new coop and we need to paint it to seal the wood etc. etc.....planning to lino the floor, install poop board...

the big questions of the day:

should I paint the inside or not? if I do I am leaning dark lino floor with glossy white paint on everything...or any fun color lino and doing no painting inside...

and what color(s) to paint the outside? (definitely decided to not stain it and to go with paint)

I'm thinking grey/grey trim with or white/grey trim or grey/white trim or maybe blue or turquoise or aqua with white trim?

I'm buying paint in the morning...I'm so arrrgh about the color it might end up chartreuse at this point... ideas? links to cute color schemes?

105255_img_1890.jpg

thanks,

Kelly

Ours is grey with white trim...matches our house. lol As for the inside, I painted it all white. Should have done the lino on the bottom, but oh well...maybe for the next one.
wink.png

The coop is painted Brick Fence w/ white trim (from Dunn Edwards)

66234_img_5400.jpg

The walls are painted Lettuce Alone and the trim is Soft Amethyst (from Lowes)
66234_img_0843.jpg

Linoleum found at Home Depot... came in a 6' x 8' roll.
66234_img_9526.jpg

My coop is a cute off yellow (it's called cornsilk-- more of a soft yellowy cream) with white trim. The inside is painted a bright orangy/yellow to keep it bright and happy.
wink.png
But whatever you decide to paint it-- DO paint the inside. It will protect your wood and make it easier to clean off. If this is your first go around with chickens.. you will be surprised at how dirty it gets in there. They fling poop everywhere, and a nice painted surface will be much easier to wash.

I always just go to my hardware store of choice and pick something from the mistints. Way cheaper and there is usually something that will work. I find it really helps with decision making, and I rarely regret the color.

Back
Top Bottom