New Coop FINISHED! **pics**

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by mcjessen, Apr 16, 2012.

1. mcjessen

mcjessen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Coeur d Alene ID
    Our new coop is finally finished. It measures 4x6 (24sqft) but it looks bigger to me. The new run area is about 120 sq ft. The girls went to bed in it just fine on Friday night but spent most of Saturday refusing to lay their eggs in it. LOL! I finally allowed my Australorp in the old coop (the gray one in the second pic) as she was running around the yard squatting.

We had this coop built by a local college student and while he did a great job, there are still some touch ups we need to do. But for the most part we're very happy with what we ended up with. Now we just have to wait for the girls to calm down a bit and settle in. And for the new babies (a Speckled Sussex & a Delaware) to arrive next week and grow big enough to put in with the existing girls. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jmc

jmc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    South Central MA
    very nice. and what sweet little girls

3. dancingflower68

dancingflower68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2012
    Manteca, CA
    [​IMG]Nice!!

4. acemario

acemario Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2012
    Northern Utah
    It looks great! Congratulations! Moving to a new place always requires some adjustment, whether you're a chicken or human. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by