New coop finished.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by SFIcelandics, Aug 7, 2010.

1. SFIcelandics

SFIcelandics Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2009
    1 new coop is done, the Red Barn is on the other end of the property(all fenced for the chickens), along with my brooder shed. Everybody is sharing the coops and barn now! I took these pics last night before doing chores. In the process of adding some more 8x8 coops with runs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nate

2. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    [​IMG]

3. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Cute [​IMG]

4. Braclin

Braclin KY Chicken Farmer

Jul 5, 2010
    Owingsville,KY
    [​IMG]

5. saginawmom

saginawmom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2010
    Saginaw, TX
    [​IMG]

6. TinyLittleFarm

TinyLittleFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Nice! I'm also in Hudson! [​IMG]

7. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Very, very nice- what do you have to keep those nasty Wisconsin winters from blowing in? Just curious- I have enough winter here to always want to know how people change their coops over from summer to winter!

8. SFIcelandics

Jul 18, 2009
    Quote:Hey there-
    This coop is only a summer shed for the chickens, in the winter the doors get proped open, and the divider taken out, and "walla" it is a shelter for my donkey. This is the shelter that my grandpa built about 20 years ago and we have been using it ever since for sheep/chickens/donkey/horse. Now I just have chickens and 1 donkey for a guard animal, and during the summer he is out on the lawn(rotated), winter he spends in the big chicken pen.

All of my chickens go into my big red barn that I use for chicks, some breeding, isolations, etc... The pen attached to the red barn has netting over it and the whole thing is totally inclosed just incase of predators in the winter, seems to be the time of year when I loose most stock, so thats how I did it.

I am in the process of builing 8X16 coops with a divider(they will be 8x8), but that is when time permits, and then once I get one of those done(hopefulluy this fall), I will be tearing down my red barn(pretty old, needing repairs), and putting up more of the 8x8 coops!

Nate

9. SFIcelandics

Jul 18, 2009
    Quote:Where abouts!? What do you raise? Im always looking for local people around to see what they have!!!

Nate

10. TinyLittleFarm

TinyLittleFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I'm off of exit 4...in that general area. We have our very first flock this year comprised of 3 Light Brahmas, 3 EE, and 3 Red Stars....nothing too fancy, but we love them. [​IMG] I've seen your ads on CL...you have some beautiful chickens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by