New coop for 5, plus pretty large run pics

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by mdelo, Apr 5, 2009.

1. mdelo

mdelo New Egg

Apr 5, 2009
    Well I had a few chickens growing up and decided to take another run at it now that I have my own place with a good chunk of land, plus I just like animals in general [​IMG]

We got 5 chicks a few weeks ago, I actually picked up the coop from a local guy down the road who was building it along with one for himself, saved me some time. I would like to move the nesting boxes to the outside, well attached but being able to excess them from the outside. We built the run this weekend using 100' x 6' welded wire fencing with 2' of 1" chicken wire on the bottom, also used the standard 8' posts (got all that from Tractor Supply Store) with two 4X4's to anchor the door which will be a dutch door that has been sitting in my Fathers garage for who knows how long so that was a freebie. The door will actually be going on tomorrow though. I will be getting some sort of wire/netting for a "roof" as we have a lot of Hawks in our area, although they never got ours growing up but better safe than sorry.

I think they will be moving out to their new dwelling in about 2 weeks or so.

Anyway here are some pictures of my setup [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will try to add more once we complete it tomorrow as long as the rain holds off here in PA.

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Looks great! [​IMG]

3. mediazeal

mediazeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    I love this. It will be really cute with the dutch door on it. What a great space for them!

4. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    Nice [​IMG] Very nice!

5. mdelo

mdelo New Egg

Apr 5, 2009
    Thanks glad you guys like it, well its raining like crazy here today so I wont be able to get pictures of the door on yet..

6. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Very nice design [​IMG]

7. Fran's Flock

Fran's Flock New Egg

Nov 2, 2011
    For some reason I cannot see the pictures you poster. if possible can you post them in another format. thanks

8. Eznet2u

Eznet2u Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    X2

9. KDK1

KDK1 Chillin' With My Peeps

X3

10. ange92040

ange92040 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    Lockhart, TX
    the 1st post was from 09' and emdelo has only post 4 times so we may never get to see the pictures [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by