new coop from wholesalechickencoops.com

joypeters

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 19, 2010
northridge, california
54814_img_0005.jpg

we love our new coop. took 2 hours to build and it's darling. probably too small for more than three big hens, but we'll build out another one on the other side if so. $499.00 delivered. and the people are very nice to work with.

yay!

54814_img_0004.jpg

54814_img_0002.jpg

Real pretty coop.

May I suggest you put some kind of sealer or exterior paint on it to keep the weather out. I bought a prefab bunny hutch and it was toast by the end of the first year with all the rain we had.

info from their website: btw, the wood is sealed, but hubby and i are thinking of doing a resealing on it prior to adding chickens. our baby chicks won't even arrive till the 19th (ish). so glad we built the coop before we ordered the chicks. i won't order more than four, so they aren't too crowded.

•78" x 29 1/2" x 40 1/2" includes roof and nesting box
•2 section nesting box - 23" x 13 1/2 " x 13"
•2 removable perches for easy cleaning
•4' of total perch roosting space
•Ventilation holes (back side of coop) with adjustable sliding closure
•Metal arm extension for easy opening and closing of coop/run door (This metal arm does not show up on all pictures, but it is included on all HSS09 model coops.)
•Slide out cleaning tray for easy cleaning. (The cleaning tray does not show up on all pictures, but it is included on all HSS09 model coops.)
•Solid duroid roof slopes to the rear for optimal water drainage
•Coop 4 square feet + nesting boxes 2.1 square feet + run 14.5 square feet = 20.6 square feet of covered living area
total space. Roof overhang is not included in total space. Note that the covered area below
the coop is included in the run area total.
•Ideal for up to approximately 3 - 5+ chickens depending on their size

Super cute!

May I ask, what is the benefit of buying it like that (and spending that much money on it) when you still have to assemble it yourself?

i had that coop for 5 bantams, it lasted a year, then we build something bigger and sturdier. the "moveable perches" dont stay in place, so you might want to secure them some how. the door opener has already broken off the sliding door several times and the shavings/bedding from in the coop gets stuck in the door track so it has to be cleaned out with a finger everytime you want to shut the door.also the roofing is already warped from the rain. The one they sent us has no vent in the back as advertised. hope you have better luck with it than I did!
barnie.gif
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom