new coop how do i post pics

sammin71

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 2, 2011
i have my coop mostly done put chicks out last night. wanna post some pics but cant figure it out also was wondering if i should worry about anything getting in through the eaves i have 3 1/2 inch openings there.

Chicken wire is not strong enough to keep evil out. I would use hardware cloth. And yes I would cover the space in the eaves. I weasel could get in or even songbirds that could eat your food and spread disease.

As far as posting pics. When you are new you can't post them. It prevents spam. You have to make a certain number of posts first. So post a few more times and then perhaps you can upload pics.

GOOD LUCK!
big_smile.png

Thanks I actually stuffed them with insulation last nite to keep draft out for the chicks.. Sick of wind and cold weather in Vt...lol

You should be able to post pics now! At the top of the page, click on uploads, then choose file. This will upload your pics to BYC. After that, in the uploads section you will see a small tab at the bottom right of your screen that's says your uploaded pictures. Once you click on that yo will see your pics with a "photo" size image, and a "thumb" size image, just copy and paste the "photo" size image here in your thread
smile.png

Hope I got that right LOL, and also
welcome-byc.gif
welcome to BYC!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Sorin174 I can't remeber how to post pics well enough to help someone else. And yes Sammin 71 the weather was horrid last night! Glad you did something to protect your girls. And it sounds removable for ventilation in the summer.

It’s also vital that you factor in the type of fence that would be best to build with your chicken coop. Consider the type of predator you’re looking at and then research the different types of fences that are available to choose the best fit
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom