New Coop..I Am Crazy...Todays Work So Far..Ck It Out

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by fireguy56, Oct 13, 2011.

1. fireguy56

fireguy56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2010
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Hello Folks, For those of you following our new Bantam Coop progress...the "Bantam Bungalow", here is what I got done so far. Started at 9am after getting back from HD with more materials. Just finished at 1:45pm. Gotta take a break. Getting too old for this stuff. Anyway, the following pics are of the back of coop before I started this morning and what I completed 'till now. Gonna chill out for a while, have a few adult beverages and relax, then proberbly get back at in starting on one of the sides. Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking.
    Erik
    [​IMG] This morning befor I got after it.

[​IMG] What I got done.

[​IMG] Straight on shot of back.

[​IMG] Detail shot of Gable end with vent and overhang(eyebrow) to protect the window from rain.

2. fatsu

fatsu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2010
    WOW [​IMG]:eek: looking nice fireguy

3. Dutchess

Dutchess Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice job! Is that your run behind the coop on the second/third pic? Looks like you put some time into that too! [​IMG]

4. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Looks great! [​IMG]

Is that your own design? I really like it.
    How high are you going to put the inside roosts?

5. AngelV

AngelV Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2011
    Pinellas Park Fl
    Wow thats awesome!![​IMG]

6. fireguy56

Oct 2, 2010
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Quote:Hey, Yes the run in the background is for the "big coop". New coop will have same type of run with chain link for Bantams, only will proberbly install hardware cloth up from ground about 24''. Check out my page for pics of big coop and run. Lots of ideas incorporated into the build of it that I got from BYC.
    Erik

7. Avonlea22

Avonlea22 Jessamine Cottage

Aug 27, 2011
    That is looking awesome! I absolutely love it.

8. fireguy56

Oct 2, 2010
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Hey ya'll, Did alittle more. Decided to put green hardware cloth over vent openings on right side before I called it a day. Here is how it turned out. There will be doors that can be closed in really cold weather. HaHa...we don't get much cold weather here in Louisiana, but gotta plan for it if we do. Anyway...the pics that follow are another update. More to come tomorrow. Hope you enjoy tuning in on our new Bantam Coop build project.
    Erik

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Here are the little girls that will be living in the new coop,. Brought them out to hang out in the "play pen" for awhile while I was working. Gotta get them in before dark and the Boss gets home.

9. 7&8

7&8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2010
    Maine
    Wicked Nice! [​IMG]

10. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    [​IMG]. Wow just looked at all of this thread and your page, you are awesome, nice work

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by