*new coop ideas* pics of your coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by XxB0rd3rsxX10, Jul 30, 2011.

1. XxB0rd3rsxX10

XxB0rd3rsxX10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    i have my chickens in a temporary coop for about 6 months now and i think its time to build and better and more stable coop and run ( they live in one of my horse stables that i just borded with chicken wire). but i dont know were to start!
    i need to be inspired because i want this coop to be really nice. i would really like to see your coop so i can gett off to the right start
    thanks [​IMG]

2. XxB0rd3rsxX10

Jul 13, 2011
    btw, i feel really bad for them. [​IMG] the space is realy small and they pretty much walk all in there poop, no matter how many times i clean it

3. Kudzu

Kudzu Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    We have the space, so we had it built Big. We have very hot summers and fairly mild winters, so we have what I call an open coop. We are going to tweak it a bit before winter, but so far we are pleased. We have five hens and a couple days ago was the first time we let them out of the run.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  4. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    check out coop designs very top of page there are all kinds sizes, give you a good start.Don't forget to always go a little larger allow for chicken math. [​IMG] Use hardware mesh instead of chicken wire .

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  5. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Here are pics of all my chicken coops (decided to leave out my duck coop and chicken hutch)
    This is my "Banty Shanty"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is my "Caney Creek Coop"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    Quote:WOW thats amazing.

7. Kamokid95

Kamokid95 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2011
    i dont have a lot of space, and im young (16) and dont have a job yet, so i made mine cheaply but maximized my little space. not to mention i paid for the lumber and hardware in coins that id saved
    [​IMG]
    the coop

[​IMG]
    when im home i let them out the back door

[​IMG]
    then they have room to run and chase bugs and eat grass

[​IMG]
    a bed inside and a shelf that isnt pictured where i put food incase they are stuck inside due to weather

[​IMG]
    when im not home they come down the ramp through the wire run...

[​IMG]
    ... to their 8ft by 4ft pen with food and water

(sorry about the gigantic pictures)

8. XxB0rd3rsxX10

Jul 13, 2011
    Quote:im 16 too! but yours looks great! especially since you built it by yourself!
    i had help from my 10 year old brother, but all he did was hold the wire. i love the chicken prints on the walls!

9. Kamokid95

Kamokid95 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks! adn yea i was pretty proud of the tracks when i made them. i just took a sponge that my mom uses for washing dishes and cut it into the shape of chicken feet and "walked" all around the coop with it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by