New Coop in St. Louis

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by stlfam, May 14, 2011.

1. stlfam

stlfam Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    St. Louis
    Here is the layout of the coop. Ill add the final pictures as soon as It quits raining here in Mo. It should say the coop is 4'x3' but my thumbs got in the way while typing.

[​IMG]

Here was the first attempt, after it was all done I wanted the run to be larger so I added on. as you can see from the drawing I added on alot. The windows on still on order so there not in yet, I may got to habitat for humanity and see waht they have this weekend.

[​IMG]

Here are teh 4 hens, this was taken before we got the ducks, so I still need to take those pics as well.

[​IMG]

As you can see there is a fair bit of straw in the run, this was so they would mat it down and the coop would get less muddy, The straw is out now and the run is not as bad in the rain thus far.

2. stlfam

May 4, 2011
    St. Louis
    No pics today on the update, rain wont stop long enough

3. LCEchickens

LCEchickens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2011
    Nice! We are in St. Louis and just starting out with chickens too! Good luck!

4. Chicken.Lytle

Chicken.Lytle Chillin' With My Peeps

5. stlfam

May 4, 2011
    St. Louis
    Venting is windows that havent shown up yet that I ordered so Im going to habitat for humanity, There will be 3 sliding windows. 2 in the large side that you can see and 1 over the pop door. the fold down egg door is also screened so that it can create a cross breeze.

6. norristhechickenman

norristhechickenman Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2011
    is there a door from the shed to the coop? or the coop is just attached to the shed for wall purposes? btw if i may ask, where is the egg access?

7. stlfam

May 4, 2011
    St. Louis
    no door from the shed to the coop. It was easier for me to use the shed as one of the walls of the coop. and the egg access is on the right side, The door folds down to a screen that folds up on the other side.

8. CRYROLFE

CRYROLFE Out Of The Brooder

Oct 6, 2009
    Missouri
    My Coop
    Hi!

Nice coop!
    We are in St. Louis too (near Soulard) and are in the process of building our coop right now....(see blog below).

Are you a member of the Meetup Group?
    St. Louis Chickens Meetups

There will be a coop tour soon....are you on it?

Nice to meetcha!
    Crystal

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by