New coop is up !!

Marymeow1

In the Brooder
Jan 29, 2019
Knoxville TN
This is the coop we built for our 4 chickens. It is 4x6 so I say that's plenty of room for the girls. Next is the run and done !!
IMG_20190317_174031.jpg IMG_20190317_174017.jpg IMG_20190317_174031.jpg IMG_20190317_174017.jpg IMG_20190317_174040.jpg

Very nice reminds me of my duck house..only thing is legs mine sat empty over winter and with the bad wind storms we had got knocked over a few times..I’m getting more ducks later this spring and having bf cut some of the legs off I’d hate to have it tip over with birds in it..had some last year and they were fine but they never really experienced a heavy storm or wind..we have moved and ducks will be up against house this time but I’m still a bit concerned about it going over in a storm..don’t want to cement it in ground or anything due to if I ever move I don’t want to leave it!! Are you securing yours in the ground or?

Ours is in 18 inches of concrete and the house is screwed to a 4x4 frame. I'ts not going anywhere.
Wish I could put mine in concrete but not sure I’ll be here forever lol tho I would like to be ...I like the long legs so they have something get under shade etc..but they will have a shady spot by house under trees etc so should be fine...could probably attach it to house somehow then I could keep the legs hmm...anyways yours sure is a swell coop I’m sure ur gals will love it!!!

Nice!
Love the big roof overhangs on the gable ends...
....and that the windows open from the top.

I'd put bigger vents in the gables.
Might want to open up the eaves too,
remove that board and replace with 1/2" Hardware Cloth.
upload_2019-3-20_10-17-33.png

Back
Top Bottom