New coop. Let the fun begin!

Pics

Toothpick

Songster
7 Years
Aug 15, 2016
TN
Just got it finished today. 8x10. Good thing because 16 chicks will be here next week!
To do:
Paint exterior. I've got the Barn & Fence paint from Lowes
Build nest boxes (probably going to do the buckets)
Build roost area
Cut out exit/entry for the chickens
Build run
Put something over the floor. This is what I'm most concerned about. Still not sure what to use. I'll probably paint it just to seal it. As well as the rest of the inside. And maybe vinyl.

Does it ever end!?

IMG_4935.JPG
IMG_4936.JPG
IMG_4937.JPG
IMG_4938.JPG
IMG_4939.JPG

We did the rubbery sealant paint stuff for our floor and it is doin pretty good so far. We just painted it over the ply and a foot up on the walls. You may want to rethink that paint.... we got the same stuff at lowes and it was just a pita cause it is so stinkin thin. ;(. Had do three coats to get ours done good. Coop looks great! Are you plannin on doin anymore ventilation in it?

I'd like to put a couple windows in it. But I may end up just putting a few more vents along the top on all sides. 2 more down one side and 3 on the other. 1 in front 1 in back. That vent that is on the bottom side is going to become the chicken door. Just have to make it bigger.

I've read mixed reviews on the Blackjack 57. Seems there are 2 sides. One side says it's the best thing ever. The other side hates it. Says it peels up and cracks.

I'd rather do something I know will work. And if I have to replace it in a couple years it will be easy. And still likely cheaper

Back
Top Bottom