New coop, new fence, new chickens

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by greggy, May 17, 2008.

1. greggy

greggy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Reed City, Michigan
    Well, the new coop is ready. The new fence is in. The new chicks are in the brooder and we are just waiting for them to get bigger... I'd like to tell everyone that I would not hesitate to order from Meyer Hatchery again. This was the first time I ordered chicks thru the mail, and even though it took almost 3 days for them to arrive. They all were healthy, and so far I haven't lost any. (Knock on wood!) In fact there were two extra chicks. Probably Roos, but they'll taste great on the grill!
    Greggy

[​IMG]

2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    That looks great! Your chickens will be thrilled to move in there.

3. Ringo71

Ringo71 Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2008
    Ohio
    "Well, the new coop is ready. The new fence is in. The new chicks are in the brooder and we are just waiting for them to get bigger... I'd like to tell everyone that I would not hesitate to order from Meyer Hatchery again."

My first post and soon to be a proud papa of 12 buckeye pullets from Meyer Hatchery. I found out recently that Meyer is located about 8 miles from my house. How convenient is that? No shipping and handling, no waiting on the mail! I'm going over to the hatchery to check it out sometime this week. [​IMG]

I'm going to be starting my coop tomorrow morning and I'm glad I clicked on your post. So many good ideas and info on this site. I got a good idea from looking at your set up, thanks for the pics.

4. Jacky'sMamma

Jacky'sMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Antelope, CA
    ooohhh! Nice and roomy!

5. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Very nice! Looks like you did lots of research and made sure to have a comfy home for your new ones - good luck with them! Looks great!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by