New Coop/New Member

ScapeChicken

In the Brooder
12 Years
Oct 9, 2007
Palm City, Florida (SE Coast)
Hello everyone,

I've been viewing the site and have been soaking up the wealth of information all the friendly members here have been offering over the past couple of months. I have had a coop built for me that was supposed to be mobile (which it still is), just a little heavier than anticipated. Well, I'll post some pictures just as soon as I figure out how. I guess I should've researched how to attach pictures before I wrote this message.
big_smile.png

I would appreciated any pointers.

Thanks, and hello to everyone.

Hi and welcome to BYC! This is the place to learn all you need to know. I am still waiting for my daughter to teach me how to do pictures and I can't wait because I so enjoy looking at everyone elses.

Beautiful coop and welcome!I haven't been here too long but learned so much already. Chicken people are good folk! What kind of chicks are you getting? And how many?

Thanks to everyone for your kind words.

bamagirl68: I originally wanted to get five pullets just prior to egg laying age, but have been unsuccessful in finding anything but a bunch of mixed breeds in this area. So, plan B is to purchase the breeds that I want from a hatchery. I have an order in with Welp for 25 pullet chicks (5 Black Australorps, 5 RIR, 5 Buff Orpingtons, 5 Barred Rocks and 5 White Rocks). I'm just going to raise ten of them, and have some friends that will raise the rest. I'll probably only keep one of each breed. I just want some good brown egg layers.

I will post pics of the chicks once they're settled in.

Best regards

Back
Top Bottom