1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New coop & run

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Ebers, May 21, 2016.

1. Ebers

Ebers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2013
    N.E. Oklahoma
    My wife & myself built a new coop... I'm excited about it because we built it together & all[​IMG]

2. potato chip

potato chip Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Your girls seem to like it. How green it is where you are. I bet your girls love having green grass, lucky girls.

3. Ebers

Jun 29, 2013
    N.E. Oklahoma
    It's nice & green!!! It took me 3 days to get em to go outside once I opened the coop up.... now they stay outside all they can

4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Are they going back inside okay of the evenings? If not, you might try one of the battery operated push lights inside their housing - turn it on an hour or so before dark - the light inside will most likely draw them in, and then you can turn it off.

Does the housing have a door (don't see one on the outside, but didn't know if you had a slider on the inside)? With your run not being covered, it would behoove you to shut them securely inside the housing at night if you don't already do so. If not, then they're just a nighttime snack waiting to be sampled...

5. Ebers

Jun 29, 2013
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Yeah they go bk I'm about 8pm & I latch the door so they're not food for some hungry critters

6. Ebers

Jun 29, 2013
    N.E. Oklahoma
    I've been raising chickens for several years but this is the 1st big coop I've built I always just built something more like a chicken tractor... they were on a much smaller scale

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by