OK, so we're building a new coop (pictures when I remember to take them) for our babies that will be arriving in just under 2 weeks. I figure they'll have to be inside in a brooder for a few weeks so we've still got time. The whole thing is basically framed out, just waiting for some rain free days to put it out on the platform. My dilemma is that I have realized a few weeks late, that we bought exposure grade CDX instead of exterior grade. We plan on painting this with exterior grade paint, but now I'm worried that it will start to warp after a couple of storms and start deteriorating. Has anyone gone ahead and used this for exterior anyway and have luck with painting it with exterior paint to protect it? I've seen a couple suggestions elsewhere to use a paintable caulk on any exposed edges of the plywood to help seal away the glue layers from the elements. My other option is to go buy some white vinyl siding and side the whole thing that way, then paint the siding the color we want. I don't really want to go this route as that would involve having to purchase the siding and trimmings and I can't really just buy exterior grade plywood cause I have no way of getting it home and I don't really want to make another big purchase. If possible I'd like to just use what we've got, but I don't want to compromise our babies's future home. This is a 4'x5' coop that is sitting ~2' off the ground, so it's not like it's a ground contact application. Any advice would be appreciated.