New coop will be underway on Thrusday! Yay!!! ***Pics Added***

ChrystalGail

Songster
12 Years
Jun 13, 2007
Casa Grande, AZ
So, I found these shipping crates on Craig's List that are 42" wide x 30" deep x 7' tall for $20 each. Each one already has a full size door on hinges on them. I'm going to buy 2 of them, attach them together and cut out the joining wall. That will make a 2.5' x 7' coop for my 5 brown leghorn girls. I'm super excited that I found these! I will post a picture when my 9 mos pregnant brain can remember my user name and password for PhotoBucket (the website actually told me to come back later because I had too many failed attempts to enter my info)!
lau.gif
HeHe... Don't worry, I won't hurt myself, but I can't guarentee that it won't throw me into labor! Which by the way is just fine with me!!!!!!

Anyway, I'm just super excited to get this project going and since most of the work is done for me I should have it completed in no time! Don't mess with a pregnant woman on a mission!!!!

Thanks for letting me share...

Last edited:
I stopped by a pallet type sawmill where they refurbish pallets and resell them. So they get all sorts of crates and stuff from factories.

I saw 2 huge shipping crates out in the lot. Asked the owner about them and I got them both and he even used his forklift to load them in my truck.
What I did is take off one end and put them together to make a huge brooder pen in my basement.
They are sturdy enough to make a building out of. I will keep that in mind.
As for photobucket you can click on the part where it says " forgot your password?" they will send it in an e-mail to you... I know this has happened to me too...

Okay, I reset my password on PhotoBucket and now it will let me in! So, here is the picture as promised of the crates we are going to use.

crates.jpg

Also, I built my nesting boxes today that I will attach to the outside of the coop. Not bad for a prego, eh? Not to mention that I built it all with scrap wood we had sitting around. I'm excited to get it painted and attached to the coop. I'm planning to paint it all red and white like a cute little barn! (Hubby just rolls his eyes at me)
roll.png

HPIM4847.jpg

HPIM4848.jpg

HPIM4846.jpg

Don't mind the gap between the frame on the right hand side. I apparently measured wrong!

HPIM4849.jpg

This is what it will look like when I open the top. The top will be hinged to the house itself so you can just open it and pull out the eggs. (Just like most people have on theirs....)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom