New coop with pics. =) *updated pics page 2*

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Jferlisi, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    So i just moved to arizona and that calls for a new coop. [​IMG] The coop is 8 x12 x 4. I made it bigger for chicken math. [​IMG] Here is the progress so far. I have some more pics to upload of what was done later and will load them later.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  2. Caat

Caat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    BC,
    keep up the grat work! I have an 8X8 coop incase of chicken math... it took hubby and I 1.5 + months... lol, I shoulda started when I first decided that I wanted to have chickens.

3. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    Looks Great!!

So, you moved to Az from CA and brought your 26 chickens with you?? Bet that was fun.

Welcome to Arizona!!

4. Jferlisi

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    Quote:I only brought 15 with me. Oh it was. LOL 5 hour drive. [​IMG] And thanks.

5. Jferlisi

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    So here is the updated part we finished at night.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Its almost finished, but the girls get to sleep in it tonight. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mind the cobwebs.
    [​IMG]
    Now we just need to cut the chicken door and make the boxes and the door to clean out the coop. My BiL its doing most of the work but im helping with what i can. [​IMG]

6. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    Do you really trust the chicken wire? That stuff scares me silly. Looks nice.

7. Jferlisi

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    Quote:Well its 3 feet off the ground and we live out in the middle of nowhere so raccoons aren't a big problem here and we have a 6 foot block wall around the property. Plus we will have a dog out there with them. So thats the only reason im trusting it. The run wont be chicken wire.

8. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    might need addsome fans for hot days

9. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    Quote:Well its 3 feet off the ground and we live out in the middle of nowhere so raccoons aren't a big problem here and we have a 6 foot block wall around the property. Plus we will have a dog out there with them. So thats the only reason im trusting it. The run wont be chicken wire.

Coyotes and neighbors dogs are probably going to be your worst predator around the valley....judging from the mts, looks like you are out of phoenix somewhere?? A 6 foot fence means nothing to them. Guess down town, they actually walk on top of the block fences from yard to yard. The coyotes where I live have respected the territory of my dogs (so far). My big male is always out there marking the fence. The coyotes come up to the fence and then saunter away. Guess it depends on your dog....does he look like protection or a coyote meal?? I have never seen a raccoon in the lower deserts, just Coyotes, Hawks, Snakes and an occasional skunk.

Last week a man in Morristown was mauled by a wild Rabid Havalina at his back door. That's really spooky. Morristown is North/West of Phoenix....almost to Wickenburg. But, I am pretty sure a Pig can't get over a block wall!!

10. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Arizona=Snakes!! Are you building it off the ground because of the snakes ? or is it for getting out of the sun, just curious? Looks like a fantastic project keep us posted and good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by