1. sbfefe

sbfefe New Egg

Sep 19, 2012
    OK
    So the coop I had been building out of an old barn, I was forced to relinquish when my landlord filed bankruptcy and I was forced to move. After one load hauled away to my new house, someone went into the barn and stripped everything out of the coop. I wasn't able to salvage anything from roosts to nesting boxes was gone so I was starting over from scratch with little supplies and minimal budget. I figured I still had a few months before before the I needed to finish a new coop for hatching season with other moving in demands on my time... and guess what walks up to my back door last night... Thats right a baby chick. Now given my new property is 11 acres so there is no close neighbours and no one in the area has chickens... So my few month project now has a an immediate deadline. We will see how it turns out with a need to finish fast... But on the note of the new baby chick, she needed some company, obviously, so I went to the farm store to get 3ish chicks so I could make a good starter flock of 4 hens until I can get a good electrical and water supply to the area of the coop before I had to many chickens to hand carry everything back and forth. Anyways, at the farm store Chicken math kicked in and a sale of buy 6 chicks get 2 free seemed a great idea. Now my brooder is full and I have a huge deadline. Wish me luck. Pictures to follow

2. jbrianchamberli

jbrianchamberli Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2014
    In the same boat. Chicks are in the living room and I'm making a lumber list. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. sbfefe

sbfefe New Egg

Sep 19, 2012
    OK
    [​IMG]

Here is the lonely baby on its first night. Needed a unicorn to cuddle with until new friends arrived

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator

Just don't tell the chick that unicorns don't exist [​IMG]

5. sbfefe

sbfefe New Egg

Sep 19, 2012
    OK
    ??? Why would anyone lie and say unicorns don't exist?

[​IMG]

They all love the unicorn now.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  6. sbfefe

sbfefe New Egg

Sep 19, 2012
    OK
    But sidetracked by unicorns and baby chicks... back to my construction of my coop. What is the best size pvc pipe for nipple watering systems? I like the idea behind it but cant find best size for efficient watering.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by