New Coop.

jak2002003

Crowing
13 Years
Oct 24, 2009
Thailand
I posted a while ago about my new pigeon coop and wanted to share my update. Before each pair had a separate cage and it took time to clean, feed and water each pair every day (and difficult for people to look after the bird if I had to go away a few days).

I finally got some proper pigeon perches off E Bay and also a bob wire trap door.

The birds surprised me and used the trap door and bob wires fine first time with no hesitation... even though they have never had one before. Clever birds!

Also the pigeon perches are much better than the bits of wood I used before. They have stopped the birds fighting. The boss cock bird used to constantly chase and pick on one younger bird and not let it settle. Now there is only space for one bird on each perch he has stopped as he can't get on to push the other on off or peck at him.

The birds seem happy and content now, and I have got more control of them by only feeding them 2 X a day and calling them each time. They now are very good at going back into the coop when called. Before they would spend the day getting in to trouble hanging around the house and pooping all over the place.

My next job is to make some nest boxes to fix on the outside side of the coop (like the nesting boxes on the side of hen houses).

Now when someone looks after them they can just open the door and let them out, put the feed in and close the big door. The birds will then go back in on their own.

Doves1.jpg

doves3.jpg
Before I got the bob trap door and new perches.
Pigeon.PNG

Attachments

• Doves.jpg
    Doves.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Doves2.jpg
    Doves2.jpg
    833.8 KB · Views: 5
The coop looks good, I know next to nothing about pigeons, a guy near me sold his homing pigeons 6 times up to now an Ebay lol.

I get the wild pigeons in the garden, they often come and clean up after the hens have had their fill, it saves me sweeping the yard lol.

Back
Top Bottom