New coop

mldlm

Songster
Apr 3, 2022
Northeast Florida
My 4 chickens are 11 weeks old now. They have been in a TSC coop since they went outside. It was a great start up, but I have now converted half of a shed into a coop, with an adjacent run. They were in the coop for about an hour this morning and then I let them into the run. They were in the run most of the day with a little “exploring“ time in the coop. Tonight, I have them in the new coop (complete with roosting bars), but they seemed stressed about the new living arrangements. They are not using the roosting bars -set up like a ladder made of 2x4s. When I checked in on them before nightfall, they were huddled together in the corner on the floor. Is this normal? Feeling a little like a “bad mama”. They do have a window, which is covered with HW. Am I making too big a deal of this or will it just take time? Thanks for your input.🥺

They will figure the roost out even if you do nothing. It will take more time, than if they have older birds showing them, but the urge to roost is strong in most chickens.

If they went in the new coop on their own, you have this whipped, And if you had to put them there, well, we have all had to do that too, but in a few days, they have it figured out.

Mrs K

Back
Top Bottom