1. vegaschik99

vegaschik99 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2010
    I'm not done yet but thought I would post pictures of the stage I'm at now.

[​IMG]
    here is the front view of the coop...dont mind the mess i had to rip up a bush to be able to do the front.

[​IMG]
    here is the left side as you can possibly see it has a shade top, and the bottom is solid.

[​IMG]
    this is the view from the back

[​IMG]
    this is the right side that is the sun room...completely wire including roof.

[​IMG]
    these are two twin head boards that we weren't using anymore but hadn't taken to the dumpster yet. these will make 3 nesting boxes and I may add more later to it.

[​IMG]
    here is my homemade feeder (thanks you y'all) I havn't come up with a recycled water yet but that will come.

I still have to roof the house and have 3 sheets of tin for that you can see one of he pieces on the left side picture, put the latch on the door, come up with roost ideas and if you can see on the side pictures the side walls to the house are not complete up that is because we will be making drop downs for the wonderful southern nevada summers. Of course I will be adding side doors to the house also. Last but not least all of the wood will be painted.

This is ALL from material's that we had laying around the yard.

2. Ozchook

Ozchook Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2010
    Melbourne
    Good Job Vegaschik!
    I love it that you've used reclaimed and recycled materials, that's exactly what I'm trying to do on my small coop (it nearly killed me this week when I had to BUY 2 hinges for $3.00!). I almost think it would be a shame to paint it, I say be proud of the reclaimed-ness!
    On the other hand, although recycling may be environmentally sound and financially wise, it does have its downside, my kids now officially think I'm crazy after I got excited about finding a 7' length of sewer pipe that I'm using for a feeder!
    Good luck with the rest of the build, and post completed pics when you've done.
    Adam

3. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

4. vegaschik99

vegaschik99 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2010
    Thanks you 2, I'm really excited about this recycled project. It's really made be want to do more recycled projects. I plan on adding to "L" shaped garden boxes off the front of each run and add a "porch" off the front of the house.

5. Firemenlovechicks

Firemenlovechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

looks great! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by